- What is the Easyfix Maintenance Plan?
The Easyfix Maintenance Plan is an appliance and electronics maintenance cover plan that provides you with a complete household repair solution. It saves you the hassle of finding a repair centre and prevents unnecessary costs from being incurred in respect of high call out fees, parts and labour.
- Which types of appliances and electronics can be covered under the Easyfix Maintenance Plan and can be repaired through Easyfix?
The Easyfix Maintenance Plan covers a wide range of household appliances not older than 8 years, including: Blu-Ray systems, convectional ovens, dishwashers, DVD players, microwave ovens, refrigeration units, sound systems, stoves, TVs, tumble dryers and washing machines.
- Why do you have a waiting period of 3 months?
To ensure faulty appliances and electronics are not signed up.
- What service do you provide during the waiting period?
Telephonic service to assist if the problem can be resolved over the phone. Cash service to be repaired by an Easyfix technician.
- What would a person do when he needs the appliance whilst service is taking place?
He/she could sign-up for a loan contract in the initial contract sign-up. He/she could take out a short term rental with Teljoy.
- Would the appliance always be repaired at the client’s home?
If possible, it will be repaired at the client’s home. In some instances the work needs a different environment for the testing and repairs. Under those circumstances the unit will be transported by Easyfix to and from the workshop.
- What happens if we are unable to fix your appliance?
We will provide you with a refunded portion of your monthly contribution for that particular appliance.
- How does Easyfix benefit me?
Easyfix manages the repair for you, our valued customer, from the time of call-out to completion of the repair. No need to take heavy appliances to repair centers and incur unexpected costs for repairs. We believe in rewarding our valued customers – the more household items you choose to cover with Easyfix, the less you pay because we apply bulk discounts to customers who choose to cover a large number of items.
- Do you have a guarantee on repairs?
Yes we do offer you a 3 month guarantee on all repairs
- What is Rent to Own?
“Rent to Own” is a month-to-month contract that allows you to rent a wide range of household appliances, furniture, electronics and even baby goods with the option to take ownership after the pre-determined rental period
- How do I apply?
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply now’ icon on the product/s you would like to apply for
Step 2: Complete the application form online and upload the required documents (copy of your ID document, 1 month’s bank statement and your latest payslip) and click ‘Submit’
Step 3: Sit back and relax, our friendly agents will process your application and contact you within 2 days
- Why was my application rejected?
One of the main reasons for an application being rejected is due to your personal bureau score falling below our minimum requirement. For more information on your bureau score and data please go to www.mycreditcheck.co.za
- How do I cancel my rental and return the product/s?
We require 1 month’s written notice and we will arrange with you for the product/s to be collected
- If I rent a TV, how do I go about getting a TV licence?
Relax, we have the licence covered for the duration of your rental. We will take the hassle out of your hands and issue you with a valid TV licence
- As a rental customer, if my product/appliance breaks, what do I do?
- What is Risk Cover?
Teljoy covers claims while you’re renting with us. We will cover theft (with a valid case number and affidavit), accidental damage (except cracked tablet/cellphone screens) and any damage that may have been caused by lightening surges.
- What is Easyfix?
A convenient way to get your appliances and electronics repaired with ease using genuine quality parts. The customer does not need to be a Teljoy customer to benefit/use Easyfix as we offer a cash service
- Is there a waiting period for the Easyfix Maintenance Plan cover?
A 3 month waiting period exists in respect of all repairs. Appliances and electronics under warranty are also covered. However, the 3 month waiting period will be waived in respect of appliances and electronics still under warranty as such items will be returned to the store of original purchase for repair.
- How could the waiting period be waivered?
If the unit is under guarantee and the client provides us with an invoice. If the unit is inspected by Easyfix and found to be in a working condition.
- Does this service offer a loan unit option?
Yes we do offer a loan unit option which means that should we not be able to fix your appliance at your home, we will leave you with a loan unit to use while our qualified technicians conduct the repairs. Please note that the loan unit option will be at an additional fee.
- Who will service the required repairs?
Teljoy’s qualified technicians will perform all repairs needed on all types of products, using only quality replacement parts.
- Does Easyfix Maintenance Plan replace your appliance and electronics due to theft or loss?
No it doesn’t as you are only covered for technical repairs to your household appliances and electronics.
- Does Easyfix Maintenance Plan cover all service costs, even if my products need major repairs?
When you purchase an Easyfix Maintenance and repair plan, it covers the cost of both parts and labor on all operating components that fail due to normal family residence use. Some items, such as cosmetic parts, and rust are not covered. See terms and conditions for exclusions.
- Which areas is this service available in?
Gauteng, Cape Town and Durban, Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth and Pietermaritzburg.
- Do we cover you for load shedding and power outages?
Yes we will cover you for damage that takes place from power surges onto your home appliances.
- What are the benefits of Rent to Own?
Financial flexibility – Teljoy allows you, the customer, to upgrade/ downgrade or cancel and return the unit at any time
Convenience – You can shop and apply online and we will deliver and set-up the unit in your home at no additional cost to you
Peace of mind - We’re responsible for maintenance, risk cover and even the TV license (if applicable) during the rental period, again at no additional cost to you
Reliable and trusted - Teljoy has 48 years of delighting customers
- What documentation do I need to apply?
- A copy of your ID/passport document
- 1 month’s bank statement
- Your latest payslip
- Can I really downgrade/ cancel the agreement at any time?
Yes – if you choose to upgrade or cancel the agreement within the first 6 months, there will be a collection charge of R500. After 6 months, there will be no cost implications if your account is up to date
- When can I take ownership of the product/s?
This varies by product category, however you can exercise your option to own after 36/24 rental payments
- If I cancel and return my TV, what happens to the TV licence?
As the SABC licence is covered for the period of the rental, once disconnected the onus lies with you the customer to contact the SABC directly
- Will I get a loan unit if my product/appliance is not able to be repaired at my home?
Yes if the off-site repair will take longer than 7 days