Everyone loves this time of the year because not only do we get amazing deals but we also get to have all those delicious snacks and meals (and many of our diets go out the window!). One of the more popular sweet treats to devour during the Festive Season has to be fudge. Be it caramel fudge, or normal chocolate fudge, most people agree that this is one of the best treats around. However, with many of us working, busy with our Christmas shopping, or strapped for cash, making fudge and other desserts becomes an issue.
If only there was a way to make some lovely desserts without much cost or hassle, and which isn’t too time-consuming. Well, we are here to tell you that there is! You could create some of the best treats around and you don’t even need an oven to do it! Simple microwave recipes are the new “in-thing” these days, and people are opting for these quick and easy recipes to make their delicious meals and desserts.
Here’s a deliciously simple microwave fudge recipe we found on Mumsnet:
1 can full cream condensed milk
100 g margarine
500 ml castor sugar
5 ml vanilla essence
1. Combine margarine, condensed milk and sugar in a large, deep, heat-resistant container.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 2 ½ minutes or until margarine is melted. Stir well to combine all the melted ingredients.
3. Microwave for 10 minutes on HIGH, stirring regularly.
4. When mixture is a light caramel colour, add vanilla essence.
5. Pour into lightly greased, flat container to set. When slightly cooled, cut into squares.
For a bit of variation, add 25 ml sifted cocoa after adding the vanilla, or add cherries and/or nuts.
And if you’re looking for a great microwave to do the job, then look no further than our website for some great microwave deals this Festive Season!
Recipe found at: http://www.mumsnet.com/food/recipe/1948-Microwave-fudge