There is no way better to treat Dad on Father’s day than with a proper braai. South African dads generally like to braai. A family all together, enjoying the fire on a Sunday afternoon will definitely put a smile on dad’s face.
So how about you have dad enjoy his favourite activity and try out a new marinade to make the meat taste so much better:
1. Do-It-All Marinade Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Step 1: Whisk all ingredients together. Pour marinade over chicken, steak or pork; cover and chill meat for at least 5 hours. Remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade.
2. Chicken Marinade Recipe
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil depending on preference
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Step 1: In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Step 2: Pierce chicken breasts with a fork all over. Place in a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. 4 - 5 hours is ideal.
3. Steak Marinade Recipe
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
Step 1: Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
Step 2: Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.