Social distancing has spawned a new generation of home bakers. Join in on the kitchen fun and try this cake recipe to celebrate your or a loved ones birthday.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cool water
- 6 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 °. Grease round cake tray.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- In a measuring jug/cup combine the water, oil, juice or vinegar and vanilla.
- Add liquids to bowl and gently stir until there are no lumps (one minute).
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan and frost, glaze or dust with powdered sugar.