Have you searched through countless recipes online trying to uncover the ancient secrets of achieving the perfect harmony between that golden crisp coating and soft fluffy center? Your quest can officially conclude here. This colorful, savory dish will appeal to all your senses. You’ll have everyone at the table licking their lips this holiday season.
Cooking time: 1 hour
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 6 Medium potatoes
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- 6 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp onion sprinkles
- 250ml Duck fat
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the potatoes, then cut them in half, lengthways.
- Place into a large pot. Add water to just cover and sprinkle with salt. Parboil the potatoes for 7 to 10 minutes or until about 3/4 cooked – take care not to overcook the potatoes or they will turn to mash.
- Drain in a colander and cool for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic and rosemary and sprinkle over the potatoes before tossing in the onion sprinkles and duck fat.
- Lay flat in a baking tray or dish, ensuring there is enough space between them for a golden crust to form. Roast for 45 minutes, or longer if you prefer your potatoes quite brown.
- Season and serve immediately.